Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How to pluck your eyebrows.

I don't really pluck my eyebrows. I am ok with their shape. However, occasionally an errant hair decides to pop up between my eyebrows that I must destroy. So, really, this is more of a "How to prevent a unibrow" or "How to maintain less than 3 eyebrows", but I think my current title is fine. Anway, here are some helpful hints for the novice pluckers!
  1. Use a good pair of tweezers; no, you do not need $25.00 Tweezerman tweezers, but don't use dollar store tweezers either. You get what you pay for. I would personally reccomend Revlon.
  2. Make sure the end of the tweezers is slanted. This makes it easier to get as close as possible to the head, without digging in with a blunt object.
  3. Make sure your tweezers aren't too sharp! If they are too sharp, as some are, you risk cutting the skin. The area between the brows is especially sensitive and easily infected.
  4. When zoning in on a miscriant hair, try not to touch the tweezers to the skin, again, this will prevent cuts, saves bacterial or germ transfer, and makes it easier to see what you're doing. Just get as far down on the hair as you as you can.
  5. This is the absolute most important tip... PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE!!!!! If you have a big date, make sure your brows are perfect in advance. Don't pluck them in a rush. This increases pain, and decreases the chance of precision and getting the hair. Make sure you have time. Take it slow because it hurts less. When you try and rush it, the hair will not budge. Murphy's law I spose.
  6. When you're all done, hold a cold face cloth to the plucked area to prevent any redness, swelling, itchiness, or extra pain.
Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment