Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today was a Fairytale

Omigoodness what a day! So my boyfriend and I went to the zoo. Sounds like a 3 year olds dream trip... YOU ARE SO WRONG! We saw some great animals... not many, because Edmonton's zoo is nothing in comparison to Calgary's, but I digress. Anyway we saw tigers, and snow leopards (so cute!). We saw Addaxes (a dessert antelope)... and one of them came within petting distance! It was so cool. And without realizing I started talking to it lol... my boyfriend teased me lol. Oh well. Then we were walking through the owls area, and 2 zoo workers came through walking Lucy the elephant. I was in petting distance... again. And I almost did. Then common sense kicked in and I realised that Pachyderms are one of the largest mammals in the world, and although this thing looked cute and cuddly (ok not really) it would probably stomp me to death for breathing on it the wrong way (sorry Lucy, you're prolly really sweet... but you way over a hundred times my weight so there). Sorry, I digressed again. We finished at the zoo, and zipped across the parking lot into Laurier Park. We found an empty shady (kinda-ish) site and dragged all the crap I had packed into my car. Before I  continue I will state that my oyfriend and I would die, left alone in the wilderness. K, so we sat for a bit, just chilling (or, ya know, BAKING) and I illegaly picked an Alberta wildrose (which I will deny to ANY court of law) and then we decided to start a fire. I have started several successful fires at home and thought it'd be a piece of cake there. I was oh so wrong. It was the most lame fire you could ever imagine, and my boyfriend and I will never commit arson. So the fire department can relax. So we did start the fire, but it was SOOOO mediocre. But we attampted to roast our hotdogs. The firsts 2 were covered in what looked like black sweat. So we threw them out because we thought it was unsanitary. We then cooked 2 more over our mediocre fire... same thing happened. So we used our napkkins to clean them off and ate them anyways lol. My ketchup bottle is lame, and always let wayyyyyyyy too much ketchup onto our hotdogs. However, we finished munching our hotdogs. Then we were ready for smores. I was so uberly proud cuz I remembered to pack chocolate, marshmallows, and my honey-made. Turns out I mixed up the boxes in my kitchen (what's new, like, come on) and instead of grabbing my graham wafers I grabbed the graham crumbs. Yes, that actually happened. Life can actually hate you that much lol. However, we are a creative duo, so we roasted the marshmallows, and shoved the pieces of chocolate into the holes created by the roasting stick. It was actually so good! ... we meant to do that? The iPod dock thingy I brought so did NOT work, it was almost painful. However, we enjoyed ourselves anyways. And even though my plans were so terribly crappy, and it ended up not going as my perfect planning had hoped, it was SO much fun! And we have stories to tell! And I learned a good campfire snack! And I learned to not ever go into the wilderness alone with my boyfriend. And when you learn, and think and have fun, how can any part of it be bad? ITS NOT! It was one of the best days I have EVER had in my entire life, and I would not trade any minute, not even continually getting smoke in my lungs and eyes, for the world! I would replay the day over if I could!
So yes, that is all lovelies. That is my perfect day. I am sorry you couldn't partake. You'll just have to have your own adventures! Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment