Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chanel Spring 2012 Couture

Alright ladies and gents, I saw the new Chanel collection and I have so much chatter to get into! Before I go into the nitty gritty of the collection, I just need to put this question out to you in the webisphere; Has anyone noticed the conspicuous non appearance of Abbey Lee and Freja Beha on the Chanel runways? They haven't been in the last 3 (is it 3?) and I am surprised and shock. They normally open and close (respectively) and neither of them have been there. I find this disturbing, and thoroughly frustrating. They've been a part of the shows for so long, and it throws the a lance off.

Now for the show...
So, the runway actually had an airplane/space ship feel. Maybe its because I've been watching a lot of Battlestar Galactica, but it really seems sort of futuristic and very modern. Let me just say I actually don't like it too much. Chanel is so elegant; timeless and beautiful. The runway seems out of place not only with Chanel as the brand, but also with the pieces Lagerfeld created. 
As for the pieces of themselves, I must say I am a little disappointed. Now, please understand how much it pains me to say that. Chanel has always been a sort of beacon for me (ya, ya you can call me lame). But as soon as I started loving fashion I loved Chanel. However this line came up short for me. I think first, that is because it was a Couture line. I love couture, but 2/3 of the clothes did not really seem couture. I guess I expected more for couture? Now that said, some pieces were beautiful. There were three in particular that I absolutely loved. Here they are:



I think these pieces are so stunning, and I think I would have absolutely loved the entire show if it was all like this. That said, Karl Lagerfeld's moderately fabulous is still miles above almost everyone else's extremely fabulous so I cannot truly complain. I am especially excited for fall couture, because that is where he seems to churn out his best work. Anyway, hope you enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment